Saturday, January 2, 2016

New Addiction

Yes!  I do have a new addiction.  I just can't get enough of it.
It's Needle Felting in Wool.

Oh, the feel of all that soft wool roving.  And the colors!  And my little artist heart loves mixing the colors.  I've always loved sculpting.  In college, it was with clay.  When I learned welding, it was with metal.  And when I learned wood carving, it was with wood.  When I was a kid, it was bars of Ivory soap.  I'm so tactile, or maybe just the kid in me.  But, I love working with my hands and the feel of the materials is exciting and soothing all at the same time.


Tibetan Terrier and Lhasa Apso 4 and 3 inches high 


Shepherd kneeling

I told you my daughter, the Good Flea, has been dragging me reluctantly into the 21st century.  Well, she gave me some wool roving a friend had given her, and she dared me to find a use for it.  So, I found a site in my You Tube tutorial search that taught me the basics of needle felting.



What a fun site! Sara at Sarafina Fiber Arts has the best tutorials if you're interested in this fun adventure.  But - warning you - it is highly addictive.
(I have not tried the roving from Walmart, and only used that link to let you see pictures of the wool used.)


Same Shepherd standing without cape

 So, now you see why I haven't been posting recently.  I've been too busy playing (learning) and trying to get more skillful to have things to put in the Etsy store.  Also the holidays have kept me busy.

And then, I took a part time job at a school Uniform Company utilizing my other addiction - sewing.  I'm mending and altering consignment uniforms.  This was the answer to much prayer.  It is close by with wonderful bosses and team mates, doing what I love.  And I don't have to leave Honey for very long.

So, I am excited for 2016, and hope you are too, and that God will bless you in your own happy addiction, or provide you with a new one.
Kareen


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. And I'll respond as soon as possible.