Sunday, September 6, 2015

Sunday in the Park

     My church has deserted me.  Most have left for a Labor Day retreat and baptisms at New Life Ranch near the Arkansas border.  So, I took Honey to the park early to beat the heat.  Should get up to 95 degrees today.  Ugh!
     The park is so peaceful, and the perfect place to have my own little retreats (at least when there aren't many of the neighbors dog walking too).
     What always amazes me is how the Lord reminds me of things in His Word about how I should behave or change or even put things into His perspective.  Then I go to church and hear a sermon reflecting what He has just shown me.  Really makes it hard to forget or sluff it off!  I've always said, "The only way to change is to face the truth".  And He is the Way, the Truth, and the Life.


And then my musings turned to fairies!



These old pecan trees have some cool roots.  They remind me of my faerie tale books when I was little. Can't you just imagine fairies or pixies living here - maybe Hobbits peeking out?


I thought of Photo Shopping Honey peeking out under there like M.Clinton does with Pierre and Bentley on Barking From the Bayou.
But, Miss Honey only wants to take her retreat on her favorite park bench.

So, I hope you enjoy the Labor Day weekend with some retreat down time, reminiscing and reflecting on all God's great beauties,
Kareen




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. And I'll respond as soon as possible.